Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Where in the world...????

I am busy packing up for my next trip to the States and got myself all confused.

The airline seem to be having difficulties accessing my itinerary and so I have never received notification of it. After a lot of digging , on  my behalf, the lovely Alain, of He Who must be Obeyed fame, finally got al the confirmed details.

Eeeeeeeeeek!!!! I am not leaving tomorrow, as I had thought and planned things around!!!

I am actually leaving today....YES, you heard me today..!!!

Ooooops good job we checked yesterday.

So now picture the scene...

Me running around like the proverbial blue arsed fly or rather the red headed hornet, lmao.

In the meantime... One of the proudest moments in my career was finding out that I was on the GCSE Art curriculum as a living artist. This means that students studying for their exams can study me and my work, amongst others such as Van Gogh, Monet etc. Luckily I am allowed to stay alive whilst being studied, otherwise I might have had to have a rethink on the matter, lol. 
It is so humbling and encouraging that slowly a new generation will find the joy, the peace and the tremendous boost that art journaling brings.

One of my students the lovely Sandra, who does fabulous things with the Dylusions, brought in an assignment that her daughter Natalya had completed. I was totally blown away with it.


One of the projects was to design a souvenir and Natalya chose to make a fridge magnet.


And here is the back of the packaging.


And this is an A3 poster, made with all my inks and stamp images


I frikkin love it


And here is the gorgeous girlie herself, 14 yr old Natalya. Not surprisingly she received the highest mark possible.

And to top it all she has gifted it to me and it is now hanging proudly in the workshop.


Natalya you are an absolute star and I am sure everyone will agree with me, a fabulous artist. Keep up the good work.

I found this on facebook the other day and it really made me snort and I think it helps to keep things in perspective !!


Which reminds me...must start packing.!!!

Enjoy xx

17 comments:

Kathyk said...

OMG! Good job you checked! Best of luck with your packing and with CHA

FAB projects - can't wait to see your post CHA inspirations!

Kathyk

CraftygasheadZo said...

How fab. Having met & worked alongside Sandra I know how fab her work is and how her daughter is following her creativity. Hope you have an amazing time at CHA I look forward to seeing all the new products and inspiration. Take care Zo xx

Debbie said...

Hi Dy
Great stuff, Spread the Dy Word that's what I say!
Have a fab time away (although it's work, it must be fun too!)
Angie and I had such a fab day Saturday we cannot wait to come back.
That reminds me "I need some new Knickers!!
Debbiex

Unknown said...

So well deserved your an icon and inspiration in many folks books. Spent all my birthday money adding to my collection of Dylusions stamps = 1 happy bunny x

Anonymous said...

..great to hear you get the recognition you deserve
Sandra

texasbarb said...

Congrats on being chosed to be studied while you're living! I can only imagine the scrambling to get ready to leave a day earlier than planned. Safe travels, Dy!!!

Virginia said...

Oh that's fabulous Dyan amazing work - love it!

Kate Creates - a lot of mess, just ask my family..... said...

How ever do you find time to breathe?

Unknown said...

how wonderful - i wish I'd been that inspired at school art class. have a fab time in USA - and as my friend said remember one change of clothes and clean knickers is all you need, the rest you can pick up over there... and I did, lol

Becky said...

BWAHAHA!! The folding underwear quote is awesome. The art is awesome. And the fact that you can remain living and be studied in an Art program is FRICKIN AWESOME!!! Congrats and wish i could see you once you get over the pond, but alas, there is this thing called *work* BLEAHHHH!!

Sue said...

Congrats, Natalya! Your poster is beautiful.

So glad the powers that be will let you live while being studied, Dyan! Safe travels as you come across the pond.

Allycat x said...

Natalya certainly should receive the highest mark, it's fabulous work & so sweet that she's given it to you, love it!

Kaz Hall said...

What a super talented young lady with a brilliant project! Well done Natayla xxx lovely photo of Sandra too xx have a fabulous trip Hun much love

Kaz x

Unknown said...

Fantastic project, well done Natalaya.

As for the dates - what a nightmare, glad you managed it all, and found to time to entertain us all as well - and that sounds like my knickers.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're safely on your way, if not there by now. Have a fantastic time. Congrats on being part of the GCSE curriculum, but then, why wouldn't you be? You're an amazing artist & the more people who learn about you, the better.
Natalya's work is terrific, I've no doubt we'll be seeing a lot more from her.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being chosen to be studied...and you get to live to see to it. fabulous!
a few y,ears back i was flying out and i was had a similar but different experience. LoL http://certifiedpaperfreak.typepad.com/merryheart2/2009/12/the-jokes-on-me.html

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Have a fab time, and it was our absolute pleasure having you at the shop xxx

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott