Monday, June 7, 2010

Do you want the truth or something beautiful....?????

So....!!!! there I was innocently enjoying the Bank Holiday, prepping for the next days class, when a couple of rogue sausages from Sundays barbecue decided to ambush me and take me out of commision. Now you all know me I am no stranger to sickness ( !!! lol ) but this was something else.  I won't tell you the gory details but it wasn,t pleasant at all. The worst thing was letting people down, at last minute. I hate that, I really do , but what else could I do..?? I tried waving my magic wand around frantically and nothing happened...zilch, nada, nowt..!!!!! I stamped my foot, I tutted, I tossed my hair in anger ( ok, I know its not lon g enough, I 'm just over dramatising for you, lol ), still nothing happened. So I bit the bullet and cancelled everyone. Most I managed to get to before they had set off, but I missed the odd few, and to those I can only apologise again.

As usual with my crappy immune system, it sent me flying. I didn't even go to any Northern Soul do's this weekend. I know, I know its hard to comprehend, but it's the truth..!!!!  I did manage to sneak in a day out with my gorgeous fella yesterday though....lmao.  Yes it was a struggle, but I managed to force myself ha ha..
So today its back to the grind, to the catch up, the bringing up to date of all that I,ve missed. E mails to answer, blog to write, facebook to update, blog to write, phone calls to return, blog to write, new samples to give the ok to, blog to write..!!! Yup Our Ben is on the case again, lol.

I also got a text from the scrumptious Kirsty Wiseman yesterday, proclaiming

"Where are you...? No blog, no tweets, no facebook....Me worry x"

How sweet is that...?? lol

But first some extremely sad news...there has been a bereavement amongst my favpourite personal belongings, and I am absolutely gutted. Jude cover your eyes and look away now, tis not a pretty sight...!!!!




WTF...?? One minute it was there sat quietly and patiently on the counter, the next minute it was doing Kamikaze cartwheels up in the air, before nose diving to a certain death. It was spectacular to see. In a diving competition it would have recieved straight 10's , been proclaimed a hero, and guaranteed a place at the next olympics. Unfortunately, it wasn,t and it hasn't... I will be holding a small ceremony for on Wed at 10am for family and close friends to pay their respects. No flowers or donations expected....

I got this lovely image emailed to me during the week from the lovely Anne. It is her version of the printers tray from last Saturdays workshop. Gorgeous isn't it..???




She also sent me this pic of her tea cosy. We had been chatting about how felt was becoming really popular, we have some gorgeous Gillian Gladrags kits in the shop, and she said she would send me a picture of what she had made. It is lovely, but she says her husband can never work out what it's supposed to be and insists on putting it on his head whenever they have company. According to her latest email, it was passed around and modelled by all the guests at her dinner party..lol. Mind you it does look rather fetchin, and obviously something that I would wear.!!! Just check out those scrummy buns, as well.. I think they are knitted. My type of bun that is...



I got awarded 2 blog awards last week, so I am belatedly posting them. The first is from the gorgeously talented Kate Crane. It is awarded to those with a trendy blog..!!!! Trendy..??? I think mine is more like bucking the trend really, lmao... If you love the eclectic, makes you think, type of art, get yourself over to her blog, pronto...


The second is from the fabuloso Darcy. You really need to go see the gorgeous creatures she has created over there.


I just frikkin love them, especially the legs, which she informed me reminded her of me, lmao. She also has put up a fabby tutorial explaining how to make them. How nice is that..??? Love it when people are caring and sharing in our world...

Anyway back to the blog award... These are the rules

1 Express gratitude to the blogger who bestowed the award unto you... check

2 Be nice and provide a link to the person who gave it to you...check (see above)

3 Display the picture on your blog proudly...check

4 Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth, or switch it around and tell six outrageous truths and one outrageous lie. I'm not telling which is which :)...check

5 Nominate seven creative writers who might be into doing this. aaargh..!!! uncheck...lol I hate doing this bit , so I am going to feign ignorance and pass..!!!!

So here are my Lies & Truths....
  1. Despite my age, I am still extremely supple and can put my legs round the back of my neck.
  2. I can speak fluent Welsh, due to a childhood living next door to a Welsh family.
  3. I back packed around Europe with an ex trapeze artist and a former Foreign Legionaire.
  4. Ran my first Marathon at the age of 22, with a time of 4hr 15m.
  5. Earned an unconditional place to study Law at Leeds Metropolitan, whilst bringing up 4 kids by myself and working 3 jobs.
  6. I have tattoos in places you would never dream of.
  7. Won the National Northern Soul Championships, Blackpool, 2003.
So what do you think, which are lies, if any, and which are truths, if any..????


I,ll leave you with a page from my inky journal.




Enjoy xx

9 comments:

Unknown said...

me seems to remember that no 5 might be the truth!

Kate Creates - a lot of mess, just ask my family..... said...

Nice to have you back!

flutterbycrafter said...

So sorry to hear that you're not too well, icky is awful. I love, love the journal page, quite brilliant.

thekathrynwheel said...

Nice to have you back. Sorry to hear about your ..er .... um ... tummy troubles. Hope all is well again. Lovel love love the journal page :-)
p.s. thanks for the mention :-)))

Jude said...

Glad you're back and feeling all better - was getting worried!!

As for the mug - it's a miracle it lasted this long without so much as a chip out of it's handpainted loveliness and I'm kinda glad that it all happened in a dramatic styley! Paul is very impressed that the Northern Soul bit is all in one piece!! My thoughts will be with you all on Wednesday - a minute silence at 11am?

Love that tea cosy and the journal page is fab. And the Truth and Lies? Have read them over a few times now and funnily enough there's NONE of them there that are obviously an outrageous lie...?!? I know the Law one's true but the rest...who knows?!? Hee hee!! xx

Craphty said...

Got panicing when saw email from Borgqueen, good job you blogged!!!Glad you are back. see you soon to have a closer look at the inky page it looks great. x c

Sandra Hall said...

Aw Dy, sorry you've been MIA for poorly reasons. :( Hope you're feeling better now.
Love your journal page, totally goreous! x x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Oh no, poor you :( Glad you're bak in action now :)
Love the inky journal page ;)
Anne xxx

Darcy Marshall said...

I soooo want the first 3 to be true! Thankyou for showing my little people.x

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott