Saturday, October 31, 2009

Lions and Tigers and Bears , Oh my...!!!

Oooops girlies what can I say?? Blogging in the middle of the night can be as dangerous as drunkenly texting exes, you know you shouldn't but cant help it, lol. Not that I do, being almost teetotal, but you know what I mean.
I am in awe at your responses and feel honoured that you have taken the time to comment and reassure me. I will always be ruled by the Imposter Syndrome, old habits take long to die, but slowly, slowly it is becoming less important to me. We need to recognise and celebrate our many good points. To blow our own trumpets, so to speak.
I don't know if any of you read Melody Ross's blog. She was the owner of Chatterbox and always seemed to be living the dream, till it all collapsed around her ears. She has fought long and hard to be back from the horrendous situation she found herself in, and this year organised and participated in Brave Girls Club (BGC). alongside her sister Kathy.I hope she wont mind but I just need you to read these words from her, about their first ever Brave Girls Camp experience.

I thought that I already knew the power of love…..I didn’t. I saw it more, I felt it more….I thought I knew what it meant to heal to wholeness…..but became even more whole. I thought I had seen the greatest miracles I would ever see in my lifetime….but more were waiting, and so spectacular.

I thought I was done making best friends…..but NO WAY….forged friendships that are eternal and deep and wonderful…….I thought that God would show me how I can help others heal the way He helped me heal, and He did….but, what He REALLY did……..was healed up everything that was left to heal in ME too….stuff that I thought I would just have to live with for the rest of my life, and I was even o.k. with living with.

I watched beautiful women make incredible things out of scraps from my past (literally and figuratively) that I had a hard time parting with……and take them home in the form of birds and collages and miracles………….so many of my experiences that I used to tearfully ask “WHY ME?” about….finally made sense…….because my pain was a tiny part of someone else’s miracle. I saw other’s women’s pain turn into someone else’s miracle….I saw their scraps turn into someone else’s treasure. I saw women find themselves and find each other. It was so beautiful for me. I was not expecting that part……I just wasn’t. So many blessings come when we are least expecting them.

How wonderful is that, especially the part that states "my pain was a tiny part of someones miracle".

Maybe we should have our own BGC over here..? Worth thinking about isn't it..?

Whatever you are doing today, do it with pride and with your head held high. From the bottom of my heart I am proud to say you are a fabby brilliant bunch of brave girls and I am frikkin honoured to be slowly getting to know you all.

Dorothy: "Oh, will you help me? Can you help me?"....
Glinda: "You don't need to be helped any longer, you've always had the power to go back to Kansas!".....
Dorothy: "I have?".......
Scarecrow: "Then why didn't you tell her before?"........
Glinda: "Because she wouldn't have believed me. She had to learn it for herself.!!!

So I am off now to click my sparkly, strappy, extremely high, red heels and see where I land..!!!

Bottoms up xx

3 comments:

olive said...

we all have demons, Dyan. i've always had a confidence/esteem problem, but you come to a point where.. to hell with it just be yourself. Art is such a forgiving medium you can create anything and since i've been doing more these last few months, i feel better about myself and i'm a lot happier in myself. Suffering from depression for years, i feel more light hearted. Sorry for rambling, but parents have a lot to answer for.... oh yes i have a blog still in the early stages called "paraphernalia" now so i'm enjoying that journey. Who knows where that will lead. thanks for being a friend. Ciao xx

Unknown said...

aw huns..wow what a inspiring reflection....and as you so promptly replied. with your lovely comments ..i too am of the mind to do a blog for anyone and everyone..because there are so many out there who share lifes disapontments and fears and times of loss...it would be great to give something back to each and everyones of us to hold on too....and friendship can be the flag to our ship that one day will happily lead us all home.. so you keep cliking them dorothy shoes..i feel like the lion with out the courage... and funny as this might seem over the rainbow was played at mums farewell...coincedence or what ??? or something more divine..hugs sassyxx

Kaz said...

Sending hugs to you. You're the inspiration that one day, I'll get out of this hell hole of illness and hopefully I'll do what I now love for a living. Don't know quite how I'll do it mind.
I'd definately join the BGC, but you have to be head honcho! xx

oh and bugger the professionalism

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott