Sunday, July 13, 2008

Busy Weekend

Wow what a busy weekend. I have just finished a techniques retreat and what a fab time we have had. Its very intense with a lot to get through. Here’s a idea of some of the techniques taught. Pigment pearls, crackle paint effects, colour wash, distress inks, ultra thick and alcohol inks.Everyone had a really fun (if very messy) time. I kept everyone going with lots of sugar and carbs!!And of course music was playing all weekend.
Those of you who know me well know that there is constant soul and Motown playing in the studio, but this weekend we also had a new addition - ABBA!! I went to see Mamma Mia on Thursday and it was absolutely fabulous. I think it has got to be the must have film of the summer. So therefore we had to rush out and buy the sound track. It is sung (sometimes badly) by the cast and you just have to sing along at the top of your voice (or is that just me?) how embarrassing that you realise after all these years you are still word perfect. And I have to confess I can never think of James Bond in the same way after seeing him in a tight cat suit and platforms!!I hope youv'e had a good weekend, whatever you were up to.Tomorrow I will have news of a fab mini book kit. It’s quite limited so you will have to be quick.
Love Dy ♥♥♥

1 comment:

Diana said...

sometimes it is good to go to the beginning and refresh what was... i am enjoying the journey back to when i 'met' you! <3

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott